Wednesday, December 8, 2010

First experience with IR photography






These are the very first batch of infrared pictures I took dated back to November 7, 2008... I was always fascinated about IR photography and wanted to try it for a long time. I had been doing studies about wavelengths, digital camera IR conversions and the effect of various wavelength IR filters for a couple of months. I bought a glass cutter, a couple of hex screwdrivers, a Hoya R72 IR filter and an old Powershot G3 and started my 1st conversion. It took me a good hour to take apart the camera, replace the hot mirror in front of the sensor with IR cut filter and put everything back in one piece. I went to the Los Robles Golf Course Thousand Oaks and the Westlake Yacht Club and tried out the camera, it was an instant success. I fell in love with IR photography since.

No comments:

Post a Comment